History of Sibi District
The Sibi Fort was rebuild by Shah Beg Arghun mentioned in a book ” Tarkhan Nama.” The Imperial Gazetteer of India and Sibi district gazetteer also confirmed the presence of Shah Beg Arghun.
About 1511 Shah Beg marched against Sibi to resume his fief and captured the town after a severe struggle. After rebuilding the fort which he strongly garrisoned, Shah Beg returned to Kandahar. He was however compelled to retire before Babar and evacuating Kandahar made his head-quarter at Shal and Sibi. In 1517 he led an expedition into Sindh and defeating Jam Feroz, the son of Jam Nanda, captured and sacked Tatta in January 1519. Shah Beg died in 1522 when leading another expedition against Guzarat and succeed by his son Mirza Shah Hussain.
In 1513 Shah Hussain bestowed the Government of Sibi on Sultan Muhammad Khan son of Mir Fazal, kokaltash, a favorite of his father.